READ ME:
LATEST POSTS:

2668_FarmVille

**Posted by Kanga at 5:29 AM

FarmVille is a web based game developed by Zynga.
Through out a personal experiencing of the game,
I was slowly getting over it once I hit Lv 13.
It's not because it is a bad game or anything...
but this type of game just doesn't suit my taste,
it doesn't interest me.
Harvest fruits, plants, veges, animals and gain FarmVille gold makes the player enjoy doing,
feels like they're actually gaining something from the game by spending sometime planting and harvesting..
in order to get better in the game, the player either be rich in real-life and purchase gold,
or you can invite as many friends as you could and gain easy gold simply just by visiting their farm and gain exp.
The only way to be awesome in the game without spending cash is to invite billions of friends.
To me it's like spreading a disease all over the world like the movie" 28 days after". People who has being "sucked" or bitten will transform to a zombie playing the same thing over and over again.
harvesting...watering...fertilizing...sending item gifts...receiving gifts...send a gift back....purchasing plants, seeds....wait...harvesting...watering....fertilizing...sending items...receiving gifts...send a gift back....purchasing plants, seeds...wait.....Over and Over again.

FarmVill may had the right intention to the people who loves playing web game. Providing a land and allows the player to build up their own world starting from scratch does make a big difference.
It is a lot more competitive, challenging.... and of course,  it takes a lot of time to do that,
therefore the player is even more proud of themselves when they view/reviews the world they've built. 

I understand the basic concept of social networking.
Engaging the game with friends from facebook friend list,
interacting with each other, communicating by sending invitations, gifts, and leaving messages.
by playing it daily levels you up and allows the player to be competitive with friends.
(to show and proves yourself). It also involves confidence in the game,
people who may not be awesome in real-life maybe super awesome in social web games,
spreading the news of your farm has got bigger, and making heaps of money in farmville. 
this brings them a little more confident to people and makes them enjoy spending time in real time web game. This doesn't only apply to farmville, may also apply to other online web games as well.
FarmVille then becomes a little virtual Farm world that provides a second entertainment life for people.  People who enjoy building up their little virtual world and to be competitive may enjoy this type of game a lot.

I, personally don't like the fact that I could only gain some particular items by asking friends (without spending real cash). If there was another way to gain something by doing some quests would make it more fun. Clciking friend's requests and invites is annoying me A LOT. At the same time I don't want to send any invites or requests to any of my friends, simply because ME, MYSELF & I hate those endless requests so much. If you really do count how many invites I get per day, I would say I will need to click my mouse for more than 1000 times a day just by replying those annoying requests. Even my mouse is complaining by being clicked so many times.  So I guess I'm one of those who has anti-various blood and will not be transform to a zombie in 28 days after.
Maybe I could save the world by sharing my blood sample : p

The graphic is actually not bad, could be better. In fact I was paying a lot of attention on the graphics,
I did one of a facebook game icon assets before as well, pretty hard. so i assume they've spent a lot of time on the graphic, especially when there are a huge number of types of items in the game.

The population of FarmVille is super amazing. I now know how powerful social networking is.
No wonder all the companies is trying to develop a good game to be played on facebook by spending a huge amount of money.


Same Idea to Cityville, Fishbowl, RestaurantCity...ect.
some of the graphics or game might be better than the other,
but all of them have the same intention of making profit by spreading the disease. And I totally understand the powerfulness of game industry. If I was the one who's wanting to make loads of money by making games, i would probably to the same and be super successful in web game.

COMMENTS:

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a reply

Post a Comment